Building Leadership For Inclusion - Sharing the learning: from knowledge to action
Leeds City Centre - Venue to be confirmed
11 June 2019 10:00–16:00
Building Leadership For Inclusion (BLFI) is the Leadership Academy's new 10-year strategy that will support the NHS to address the differing quality of employee experience encountered by many of those from minority groups. It is designed to develop and create inclusive, compassionate leaders, leadership and organisational cultures across health and care systems. This work will support the NHS to realise the ambition of its Constitution ensuring ‘Everyone Counts’ and for increased representation of underrepresented groups in senior leadership positions.
Join the Leadership Academy at one of our Sharing the Learning events, which brings together leaders and stakeholders, organisational development practitioners, colleagues from the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion communities and colleagues from across the NHS who are passionate about the inclusion agenda and the part they play in creating an inclusive compassionate leadership culture.
At these events the Leadership Academy will launch our Building Leadership For Inclusion strategy, and share our learning to date. We are looking to gather real time data and stories about the lived experience of practitioners and leaders from across the NHS and to gain commitment for the work going forward.
The Leadership Academy will share
- findings from our literature review ‘Inclusion: The DNA of Leadership and Change’, undertaken by the University of the West of England
- research and learning gathered from our six pilot sites
- (Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust, Bristol City Council and STPs, Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership and the NHS Leadership Academy)
- learning from our Senior Influencer Groups what works in increasing inclusion, representation and transforming NHS cultures through a range of interventions – individual, organisational and system
- what leaders can do to be allies in inclusion
- what you can do, personally and professionally, to take forward Building Leadership For Inclusion in health and care systems.
Each event will include guest speakers and interactive workshops to share our research to date. A full programme for the day will follow in May, lunch will be provided.
The first of these events will be held in London at Holiday Inn Bloomsbury, Coram Street, London, WC1N 1HT on Tuesday 4 June 2019 and a further event will take place in Leeds City Centre (venue to be confirmed shortly) on Tuesday 11 June 2019.
These events are focused at NHS staff with both an interest in and responsibility for progressing inclusion across the NHS; for practitioners and colleagues with an Equality, Diversity and Inclusion background and for staff who are keen to consider new approaches to leadership development, diversity and inclusion to apply within their organisations.
Numbers are limited for each event and places will be allocated on a first come first served basis. Please register your interest by Thursday 17 May 2019 to secure a place.
To book a place on the London event (4 June) please use this link.
To book a place on the Leeds event (11 June) please use this link.
For further information on Building Leadership For Inclusion please visit the NHS Leadership Academy website.