National Coaching and Mentoring Offers
We work with the national NHS Leadership Academy and other local NHS Leadership Academies through the ‘National Coaching and Mentoring Collaborative’ to deliver on a joint strategy.
The four key drivers
The NHS Leadership Academy has identified the following four key drivers that underpin the purpose of Coaching and Mentoring in a wider leadership development and national context. Coaching and Mentoring are used:
- Coaching and Mentoring are deployed as interventions to enable system leadership development and place-based leadership at all levels to support population health (Scale, reach and impact).
- Coaching and Mentoring are used as a deliberate conduit to build leadership for inclusion and support the development of inclusive compassionate leadership (Building Leadership for Inclusion).
- Coaching and Mentoring are used to shape and develop inclusive and systems-focused talent management and succession planning for the health and care economy (Talent Management.)
- Coaching and Mentoring are used as enablers of the OD agenda for cultural transformation and redesign that places the pledge of the NHS constitution at the very heart of leadership practice for world class patient and citizen care (Culture change and Systems Leadership).
The NHS Leadership Academy delivers national coaching and mentoring programmes. You can find out more information and details about the application process by following the programme links below.
- Transitioning back into a complex and changeable system can be a difficult and lonely journey, which is why we’re offering NHS leaders at all levels an inclusive mentoring support package
- Aimed at prospective and accredited mentors who could give colleagues timely, relevant and impactful mentoring support during difficult times.
- As a mentor, you’ll provide, relevant and impactful mentoring to empower them to a range of different problems.
- Coaching is one of the most powerful leadership development interventions an organisation can deploy. We want to harness this power to make a meaningful difference to diversity and inclusion within the NHS by recruiting 300 committed and ambitious coaches to develop as a Coach who has specialised in inclusion.
- Through this programme, as an inclusion coach, you will be trained to deploy powerful coaching interventions with participants on our positive action programmes.
You may also like
For qualified Coaches and Mentors
Are you a qualified or trained Coach or Mentor?...
Coaching and Mentoring Scheme
As part of our commitment to develop leadership across the NHS in Kent, Surrey and Sussex, the Coach...
MBTI Community of Practice
The Myers Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI) is a widely used...
KSS Coaching Schemes
As part of our commitment to develop leadership across t...
Healthcare Leadership Model
The Healthcare Leadership Model for health has been developed to create a vi...