Building Leadership for Inclusion
Building Leadership for Inclusion (BLFI) is the Leadership Academy’s key programme of work that all our inclusion activity aligns to.
The key strategic objectives of the BLFI programme of work are to:
- Raise the level of ambition on inclusion
- Quicken the pace of change towards inclusion
- Ensure that leadership is equipped to achieve and leave an ever increasing and sustainable legacy of inclusion
Key elements of the programme are:
- Work with academic partners to ensure a robust evidence base for all our inclusion work
- Work through 6 pilot sites across the country to champion the change and develop truly inclusive organisations and health and care systems.
- Work of 4 influencer groups (Women, BAME, BGBT+ and Diverse Ability) to place the voices of those with ‘lived experience’ of exclusion at the centre of all strategies for inclusive change
The BLFI Sharing events
Two events took place in London and Leeds in June 2019 that showcased a number of learnings from the programme so far and included the formal launch of the comprehensive literature review on inclusion from the University of the West of England, “Inclusion: The DNA of Leadership and change”.
More information about the BLFI, the strategic objectives and main workstreams, influencer groups and pilot sites that are driving the work of BLFI please click here.
South East Sharing the Learning WebEx, 4th December 2019
We will be hosting a South East (TVW and KSS) Sharing the Learning WebEx on 4th December from 10:30 - 12:00. Are you up to date with the latest work from Building Leadership For Inclusion (BLFI)?
Would you like some inspiration and evidence to help you review and reflect on your organisation’s inclusion strategy, or to develop one? This BLFI Sharing the Learning WebEx will also feature Catherine Loftus, Senior Programme Lead for Building Leadership For Inclusion.
To book your place for both TVW and KSS please email KSS@leadershipacademy.nhs.uk.
You may also like
KSS Inclusion Network
As part of our commitment to Equality, Inclusion and Diversity, Kent, Surrey and Sussex Leadership A...
Stepping Up programme
Stepping Up is a leadership development programme for BAME colleagues in bands 5 to 7 (or equivalent...
MBTI Community of Practice
The Myers Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI) is a widely used...